Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Birthday in Pumpkin

I recently celebrated another birthday.

Not any significant number or milestone, but probably one of the best birthdays I've ever had.

I have missed out my favorite part of the year: autumn. In 2007, I was sick with morning/afternoon/evening pregnancy sickness, and in 2008, I was too tired with being a new mommy to really celebrate autumn or any of its ensuing fantastic events. This year I whipped open my autumn decorations, put on George Winston's Autumn collection and made plans for my birthday well before summer was even completed.

This year, I was able to take a trip with my close friends to go pumpkin picking, my husband threw me a surprise party (I love surprise parties) and my friends all purchased super "greenie" gifts for me. In fact, my best friend went so far as to tell me that for my birthday she and her household were going paper-product-free (no napkins, paper towels, toilet paper)! :D

Beyond that though, Roomie made a really outstanding effort to love me up... and it showed. My presents were wrapped and "hidden" behind the couch over a week before my birthday and he almost couldn't handle the wait! It really delighted my heart that he was so excited to bless me and that he had gone out of his way to illustrate that love for me in a practical way. It was so fantastic feeling so loved. Now I realize just how high he set the bar for his birthday... boy am I in trouble.

No comments: