Thursday, August 5, 2010

the simple woman's daybook

Outside my window... there is a thunderstorm, complete with lightning and sheets of rain, washing my Subaru that faithfully toted me in icy A/C to the farm today when it reached 108.

I am thinking... that all the thoughts that are presented to me when I'm driving out to my farm in nice little blogs are always forgotten when I sit down to type them out.

I am thankful for... a little foot feeling for the boundaries of his temporary home underneath my ribs.

From the kitchen... I walked into my dark kitchen, found a juicy plum drying on a kitchen linen and sunk my teeth in. No prep necessary.

I am wearing... non-maternity pajamas in a size I've never considered buying before. Cute orange and green gingham shorts with crocheted trim and a green tank.

I am creating... something handmade for my parent's anniversary gift.

I am going... to one day face my fears and blog about all the things I stand for but feel opposed on.

I am reading... Childbirth Without Fear by Grantly Dick-Read

I am praying... that God's sovereign timing reigns supreme with my delivery and my parents are en-route, my daughter is asleep or at the neighbors and my husband is at home.

I am hearing... the gentle whir of the filtration system on my birthing spa that is set up in (what used to be) my dining room.

Around the house... Aoife is asleep in her bed (on the floor next to my bed), Joshua is at the university library studying, my lists lay in a nice pile next to the computer and my water bottle lays in my lap.

One of my favorite things... is a clean kitchen at night with a long taper candle lit on the stove.

A few plans for the rest of the week... lunch with a girlfriend tomorrow, baking lemon poppy seed muffins for my new neighbors, a "stretching movie" (as Aoife calls yoga videos), a morning at the beach, and another opportunity for me to sing my "A-B-C-D-G"s with my daughter.

No comments: