Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The "C" Closet

When my father first moved to Turkey, he did so alone as my mom was completing an intensive mathematics courseload at the local university near their last duty station. As this was my father's first time relocating alone, he organized the home in what way seemed best to him, which included a couple of (what my mother and I would call) abnormalities. The most standout of these was the "C" closet in which my father put items he could not find other locations for and that began with the letter "C". When my mom reached Turkey, she would ask for the locations of some items and he would reply: "It's in the C closet". What makes this all the better, is this closet was located in the bathroom. Below are some of my favorites:
  • cupcake holders
  • cast iron skillet
  • canned corn
  • candles
  • cookbooks
  • cleaning products
  • cordless phone
  • cell phone charger
  • coin change
  • canker sore medication
  • curry mix

No comments: